This tutorial will help you to proceed in case boundary wire is broken
Boundary wire can be repaired in different way, we suggest you to follow the one of the two listed below taking in to account your personal skills.
Attention: it is not recommended to simply splice the boundary wire with insulating tape or use a screw terminal block for connection. A broken circuit may occur after a period of time as soil moisture can oxidize the wire.
How to repair boundary wire (beginners option)
You can encounter two cases: the wire is cut or the wire is damaged. In this second case, you must cut and take away the damaged part.
Please look at video here below or read the steps below to proceed.
Then to proceed you will need:
A. the two waterproof boundary wire connectors that are in your Landroid box
B. a small piece of spare wire
Proceed as follows and remember to not strip anyone of the wires you will use.
1. Insert one end of the broken boundary wire into any hole of the connector
2. Use the small piece of new boundary wire and connect it to one of the two remaining holes on the connector
3. Press the connector firmly by using a pair of pliers
4. Insert the other end of the spare wire and the other end of the boundary wire using the second connector. Press the connector firmly by using a pair of pliers.
5. Proceed with burying again the boundary wire and secure it to the ground with a peg.
Alternatively, advanced users can tin the soldering wire, taking care to cover the wire with self-amalgamating tape and eventually cover everything with an insulating tape.